Our Membership and Outreach program is all about communication. Utilizing social media, our website and printed newsletters we keep our members informed. By partnering with other veteran service organizations and health care providers, we connect veterans, their families and communities to resources that support independent living.
Our goal is to keep members at home, which is healthier and more economical than long term health care facilities.
- Produce and distribute quarterly newsletters that serves as a primary communication tool for members and those who have a passion for our mission
- Electronic media presence through an informative and easy to navigate website, active and engaging Facebook page
- Support the family of our members who are staying in-patient at the VA Hospital by providing dinners at the Fisher House
- Provide healthy “to go” lunches and “Grab N Go” bags for members who are at the VA for their very important annual exam
- Partner with local businesses and organizations to build and install accessible picnic tables in local parks
The following grants are available to our members. Please read all data to see if you qualify.
The Kelly Brush Foundation
2022 Active Fund Cycle - Application opens 1 February 2023
Challenged Athletes Foundation
The 2023 CAF Grant Period runs from September 1, 2022 – January 31, 2024
Sept 1, 2022: 2023 Grant application opens
Nov 4, 2022: 2023 Grant Application closes
March 22-31, 2023: Grant Award notifications sent out
May 31, 2023: Deadline to accept 2023 grant
January 31st, 2024: 2023 Grant Period closes. Monetary grants must be spent, and receipts uploaded