Join the more than 16,000 proud members of Paralyzed Veterans of America! As a member, you’ll become part of a family of men and women united to make the world better for veterans and all people with disabilities.
Membership is free and open to qualified individuals. Paralyzed Veterans of America invites you to join more than 17,000 members nationwide and have your voice, energy and efforts assist others living with Spinal Cord Injury/Disorder (SCI/D).
Associate membership is free to any individual who lives within 100 miles of Wisconsin borders. Your partnership with the PVA Wisconsin Chapter allows you low/no cost financial assistance for sports and recreation opportunities. You are encouraged to support the chapter through volunteerism and program participation.
Benefits of Membership
PVA membership opens up a world of programs and services designed to help you live your best life: assistance with your earned VA benefits; help with employment and higher education; sports and recreation opportunities; and a window into our important research and advocacy efforts.
PVA-Wisconsin Chapter Members Receive:
- Financial funding assistance for events / programs
- Access to SCI medicine: current news / information
- Receive "Sports N' Spokes & PN Magazine"
- Eligible for committee member / board of directors
- Annual Membership Banquet and Christmas Party
- Receive a free grave marker
- Free Facebook Portal (Setup Instructions)
- Free Emergency Grab-n-Go Bag
- Free Medical Alert “Red” Dog Tag
PVA Members Also Receive:
- Membership to one of our 33 chapters, so you can meet fellow members and participate in local social and sporting events.
- A monthly e-newsletter with updates on PVA’s programs and services, our advocacy efforts, upcoming events, member stories, and more.
- Complimentary print and digital subscriptions to PN magazine, an invaluable resource for people with SCI/D, their family members, and caregivers.
- A complimentary online subscription to Sports ‘N Spokes magazine, a resource on sports and recreation for people living with SCI/D and amputations.
- Help with higher education through our college scholarships.
- Access to a Facebook Group just for PVA members.
PVA membership is open to anyone who:
- is a citizen of the United States or its territories;
- is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and whose discharge was other than dishonorable; AND
- has a spinal cord injury or disease (SCI/D)
Related Diseases Include:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) involving the spinal cord
- Spina bifida
- Spinal cord tumor
- Severe spinal stenosis (causing neurological impairment)
- Transverse myelitis
We welcome veterans with service-connected and non-service-connected disabilities. If your condition is not listed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Simply complete the form available on this page! We’ll follow up with instructions for submitting your DD-214 and medical evidence of SCI/D. As medical evidence, you can have your physician complete this Physician’s Statement Form.
You can also download the printed membership application and send it to us by email or mail.
Update Your Membership Information
Notify us when your address changes so you continue to receive member benefits and other important information from PVA. Contact us to update your information.
Transfer Your Membership
If you move, you have the option to transfer your PVA membership to another local chapter. Email email@example.com for more information.
We’re here to help! Contact Amera Schaefer, Executive Director, Membership & Volunteer Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-328-8910.
Find A PVA Chapter or NSO
The national website for Paralyzed Veterans of America provides an interactive system to locate your nearest PVA national service office (NSO) or chapter.
Meet Our Members
The National website for Paralyzed Veterans of America features a wide variety of Hero Stories. Meet our UnstoppABLE heroes through adaptive sports, MS & ALS, and veteran career program stories.
We want to invest in you and your higher education! Paralyzed Veterans of America is proud to offer funds to PVA members and their immediate family members through our Educational Scholarship Program.